Please remember that rules set in a rescue are put in place to make sure the birds are going to a safe environment where they can live happy and healthy until the end of their lives. The average bird goes through 5 homes within its lifetime. Can you imagine the stress this causes them. So this is why we have rules put into effect for every bird that comes into the rescue. Here are the steps that you will take if you want to adopt a bird.
1. Fill Out Adoption Application
2. Come to the Rescue and spend time with the birds so you know which bird likes you and which one you like. Believe me this makes a difference.
3. Volunteer for 40 hours in the rescue spending time with the bird or birds you want to take home. (This is a must)
4. We do a home check in your home. This is to make sure you are not going to place the bird in the wrong area of the house. (ex. near window, a/c, vent, kitchen, etc...)
5. Pay the adoption fee and take your bird home.
PLEASE REMEMBER WE DO 5 HOME VISITS WITHIN THE FIRST YEAR OF YOU HAVING THE BIRD. IF THE BIRD IS NOT BEING TAKEN CARE OF OR ENDS UP IN YOUR BASEMENT THEN WE WILL TAKE THE BIRD BACK WITH YOU FORFEITING THE ADOPTION FEE YOU PAID FOR THE BIRD. IF ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THE HOME VISITS PLEASE ASK. IT IS ONLY TO MAKE SURE THE BIRDS ARE BEING CARED FOR AFTER THE HONEYMOON STAGE.